American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Authorized Course
This is a hands-on skills course with various basic and advanced airway devices taught by a Respiratory Care Practitioner. This course is an excellent pre-course option for ACLS and PALS.
- The Airway Management course is designed to give students the chance to learn, practice, and demonstrate their abiity in applying many airway skills used in resuscitation. Students increase their awareness of various airway products and skills required. The course provides training for healthcare providers whose occupation or volunteer activities require airway management skills, and other professionals in the filed of resuscitation and airway management.
- Correct bag-mask ventilation
- Proper insertion of a laryngeal mask airway
- Proper insertion of an esophageal-tracheal tube
- Proper insertion of an endotracheal tube
- Proper use of an impedance threshold device (ITD) with bag-mask ventilations and advanced airways
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners/Advanced Practitioner
- ACLS and/or PALS students as a pre-course option who find they need to improve their knowledge and skills
- 3.5 to 5 hours, based on group size, optional modules, skill level, discussion and Q&A sessions
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Approved Certificate of Completion
- American Heart Association, BRN/BVNPT and CAPCE(EMS) approved for Healthcare Providers
- Receive the above on the same day!
Schedules & Registration
Contact us for more information: