Healthcare Provider Authorized Course
Ventilator, Pulmonary & Tracheostomy Training/Skills
This course is offered through a partnership with New Start Home Medical, Inc. with a team of highly skilled Respiratory Care Practitioners who each have 25+ years experience and are well-versed in all areas of acute care, critical care, sub-acute and homecare settings, ventilator management and education. We are one of very few companies in the country offering this specialized type of course.
We offer the BEST ventilator training! Our Lead Instructor (Registered Respiratory Therapist with over 25 years clinical and teaching experience) and team are the original developers of this proprietary course content.
- Upon completion of this course, the health care provider will understand and be able to recognize the causes of low pressure, high pressure and other alarms and learn how to resolve either the equipment or patient issue prior to an emergency situation
- The provider will define basic terms and concepts of mechanical ventilation, describe indication of mechanical ventilation, understand the difference between oxygenation and ventilation, identify initial parameters, settings and special issues associated with ventilator setup, trouble shoot and recognize alarms, and evaluate patient response to the ventilator.
- Ventilator settings, how to prevent, recognize and troubleshoot the common causes of ventilator issues that require immediate attention, in addition to patient assessment and tracheostomy skills.
- Hands-on skills training with several vertilators and airway devices according to your needs
- Troubleshooting high and low pressure alarms
- Procedure for replacing dislodged tracheostomy tubes
- Basic and advanced airway device use within your scope of practice
- Pulmonary assessment
- Tracheostomy tubes
- Methods to maintain a patent airway, airway devices
- Measures to maintain adequate oxygenation and oxygen therapy
- Measures to maintain adequate ventilation
- Critical care: pulmonary section
- Pulse Oximetry ( SPO2 ) / Interpretation
- This is an excellent course for nurses and caregivers planning to care for ventilator-dependant patients in the homecare and sub-acute setting, where ventilator troubleshooting skills is imperative. Although physicians attend our course on occasion, most students who attend this course are required by their employer, such as RN’s, LVN’s CNA’s, EMT’s, Paramedics and caregivers seeking employment in the transport field, at a sub-acute facility or home setting.
- 5 hours
- Certificate of Completion and Continuing Education approved by the BRN and BVNPT for Healthcare Providers
The Joint Commission and California Department of Health Care Services accept this course
- Receive the above on the same day!
- Discounts available for individuals and groups
Schedules & Registration
Contact us for more information:
Ventilator, Pulmonary & Tracheostomy Training/Skills Class Photos